Our Proven Step-by-Step Roofing Process
From estimate to walk-through, we take care of the entire roofing process for your peace of mind here at Custom Home Improvement & Repairs of Hampton Roads. As your GAF Master Elite certified roofers in Chesapeake VA, you can count on us to walk you through the entire process of adding a roof to your home or business.
We know how much of an investment in both time and money a new roof can be. You don’t want to choose a contractor who keeps you out of the loop. Instead, you want one you can rely on to take care of you every step and inform you along the way. Here’s a look at some of the components of our roofing process:
- Free inspection and estimate: We will come out to perform a free visual inspection and determine what may be wrong with the roof. Our roofers in Chesapeake VA will provide you with an outline of all issues and make a recommendation on repair vs. replacement.
- Secure permits: We’ll secure all necessary permits from the city in which you live.
- Schedule: Our team will come up with a timeline for completion, with all steps outlined along the way. Keep in mind, most residential roofing jobs can be done in a day or two, but the weather, material availability and other snafus may delay the finish date.
- Removal of personal items: We ask that you take paintings, photos and collectibles off the interior walls, secure shelved items and cover up items in your attic before we arrive.
- Tear off of old roof: We will remove the old roof, taking necessary steps to cut down on the noise and disruption. We also protect surrounding shrubs and trees from damage, disposing of all debris in the proper manner.
- Installation: We start with the substrate, which protects your home from the elements, then we install flashing such as vents and chimneys. We finish the job with shingle installation or the material of your choice as well as ventilation systems.
- Punch list: We go through the job step by step to ensure everything has been addressed correctly.
- Clean up: Our team will thoroughly clean the job site, including removal of all nails and debris.
Call Today for a Free Roofing Estimate
Call Custom Home Improvement & Repairs of Hampton Roads for a free, no-obligation estimate for roofing in Chesapeake VA at 757-689-2734 or stop by at 2000 General Booth Blvd in Virginia Beach, VA.